» State PE Requirements, 100% Guarantee, and Renewal Deadlines
» Registration, MyCE Account, Login and Password, and Privacy
» How to Take an Online Course and Quiz Information
» Payment: Secured Online Credit Card, Order by Mail, and Payment Receipts
» Course Certificate of Completion and Recordkeeping
» Technical Support / Online Help
1. What is my PE Board’s continuing education requirement?
The number of PDH (Professional Development Hours) or CPC (Continuing Professional Competency) is determined by each individual state. As a general rule, most states require between 12 and 15 PDH/CPC annually, with the notable exception our home state, Florida, which requires 8 PDH biennially. Please see our State CE/PDH Requirement for individual state requirement.
2. How do I know if my State Licensing Board mandates continuing education requirements?
At the present time, thirty (34) US states require continuing education, while three (3) more states have passed the CE requirement but are still in the process of implementing their CE regulations. Please see our State CE/PDH Requirement to check if your state requires continuing education for renewal.
3. Are courses provided by EngineerCE.com accepted by my PE Board? Do you provide 100% money-back guarantee?
EngineerCE.com is accepted by all US States requiring continuing education for Professional Engineers with the following exception (application has been submitted but not approved yet): New York.
EngineerCE.com courses are accepted at ALL other PE boards currently requiring CE credits, whether they pre-approved providers or not (Florida, New York, Louisiana, and North Carolina are currently the states requiring pre-approvals).
As of today, EngineerCE.com courses have been accepted by 100% of the PE state boards, and we also provide a 100% money-back guarantee. If any of courses are rejected by your PE board, simply send us a copy of the rejection letter and we will immediately issue you a credit or refund.
4. When is my state’s PE renewal deadline?
Please see our State CE/PDH Requirement for each individual state PE renewal period.
5. How many online continuing education credits can I take each renewal period?
Most states allow ALL credits to be online courses, with the exception of New York and Iowa. In addition, most states allow excess credits to be rollover into the next renewal period. Please see our State CE/PDH Requirement for each state PE online course allowance.
1. Do I need to register and get a MyCE Account to browse EngineerCE.com?
No, EngineerCE.com is free and you can browse all our courses at your convenience. When you find a course you would like to earn the credit on, you can then register and take the quiz. Once you pass the quiz, your Certificate of Completion will be available to be downloaded in your MyCE Account.
2. How do I take advantage to maintain all my CE credits at MyCE Account, including CE credits earned from other providers?
While we are confident you will find an interesting course in our site, we also provide a free database for all your CE / PDH credits in your MyCE Account. Once you register and login into the system, you will be able to add CE credits earned from other providers in your MyCE Account.
The main advantage of having one location with all your CE credits is if you need to retrieve this information quickly. For instance, in the event you are audited by your State Board, you will be able to retrieve all your information from your MyCE Account and provide your state with your records. This way, you only need MyCE Account to track all your CE credits!
3. Would I be able to edit my account information?
Yes, just login into MyCE Account and then click on "Edit Profile” under your Site Resource section.
4. How does EngineerCE.com use the personal information collected upon signing up? Does EngineerCE.com share my personal information with third parties?
EngineerCE.com uses your information to provide excellent services within our site such as accurate information in your certificate. In addition, your data is used to comply with any regulatory board requirement such as periodically reporting completed courses. We may also contact you with important information (via email or regular mail) about renewal updates in CE requirements.
5. What if I forget my login and / or password?
Your login is the email address set up at your original registration.
If you forgot your password, please click on “Lost Password” under the Site Resource section to retrieve your password. If you are unable to retrieve it, please contact us either by email at admin@EngineerCE.com or fill out the Contact Us LINK LINK LINK form.
1. How do I take an online course at EngineerCE.com?
You can take online courses at EngineerCE.com in three easy steps:
- Select a course from our course list, and study at your convenience.
- When ready, take the multiple-choice quiz online.
- Upon passing the quiz (70% of more), your Certificate of Completion will be available immediately at MyCE Account.
2. How much time do I have to take an online course at EngineerCE.com?
You can take as much time as need to study the course material. Once you are ready, you will have up to 3 hours to complete your multiple-choice quiz. Please note that you have 6 (six) months to complete and pass the quiz to earn your credits after you purchase the course.
3. How many questions does each quiz have?
The number of questions per quiz depends on the CE / PDH hours awarded per course. The number of questions varies from 8 questions for 1 PDH to 42 questions for 12 PDH.
4. What is the passing grade for an online quiz at EngineerCE.com?
The passing grade is 70%. However, if you fail, you are allowed to retake immediately or whenever you are ready at no additional charge.
1. What payment options are accepted by EngineerCE.com?
EngineerCE.com accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover online. Additionally, if you prefer to pay by check or money order, please login and select your courses. Proceed to checkout and then select the “Payment by Mail” option. Then, print the invoice and send the invoice with your payment to:
Professional Online Educators Inc. (DBA EngineerCE.com)
125 S. State Road 7 Suite 104-210
Wellington, Florida – 33414
2. Is paying online by credit card secure? How does EngineerCE.com assure the security of my data?
Online payment through EngineerCE.com is secured using VeriSign to process your online credit card payment. VeriSign uses the industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the information you provide us when making payment. Using scrambled codes, your information cannot be intercepted and used by third parties. Furthermore, EngineerCE.com assures the complete safety of your credit card data by not storing any of your credit card information in our database.
3. What should I do if my online payment did not get processed?
If you receive a “payment cannot be processed” message, please verify that the information is correct and resubmit for online payment. Upon Payment Approval, you will be able to print your Invoice Receipt at MyCE Account. If you are unsure on whether your online payment was approved or not, please contact your credit company to check on your payment status. If the problem persists, please contact us at admin@EngineerCE.com
4. How can I obtain a copy of my Payment Receipt?
If you need to print your receipt, please login into MyCE Account and find the Invoice located in the COURSES PURCHASED section.
1. What document is provided after I completed the online course at EngineerCE.com?
Upon passing the online course quiz, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion for your records. If you ever misplace or need a replacement Certificate of Completion, you can login into your MyCE Account and reprint your Certificate of Completion in the COMPLETED COURSES section.
2. Who is responsible for maintaining records of my PDH activities?
PEs are ultimately responsible for maintaining a record of your PDH activities. Thus, we strongly recommend that upon completing your online course at EngineerCE.com, you print the Certificate of Completion found in your MyCE Account. Note that some PE boards, such as Florida and North Carolina, require EngineerCE.com to submit and report your courses. However, we highly recommend that your keep a copy of your Certificate in case of any discrepancy between you and your state PE board.
3. If I ever need a duplicate of my Certificate, how can I obtain a copy?
You can obtain a copy of your Certificate by logging into MyCE Account and retrieve past certificates by logging into your MyCE Account and reprint your Certificate of Completion found in the COMPLETED COURSES section.
1. I already signed up for MyCE Account. Why is the system not accepting my username (email) and/or password?
If the system is not accepting your email as your login, please make sure you are using the correct email address. In some cases, users with multiple email addresses enter the wrong email address.
If the password is not being accepted by the system, please make sure you are using the correct upper and lowercase since password are case-sensitive. If your password problem persists, please click on Forgot Password or send us an email to admin@EngineerCE.com
2. Do I need to have “cookies” enabled on my web browser?
If you set your web browser to a high security setting, then you might not be able to login to your EngineerCE.com account. To change your settings, change the following browser settings:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Click the "Default" button (or manually slide the bar down to "Medium") under "Settings".
- Click "OK".
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x
- Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
- Click on the "Security" tab.
- Click the "Custom Level" button.
- Scroll down to the "Cookies" section.
- To enable:
- Set "Allow cookies that are stored on your computer" to "Enable".
- Set "Allow per-session cookies" to "Enable".
- Click "OK".
If you continue to have problems or the web browser you are using is not listed above, please contact us at admin@EngineerCE.com
3. I completed the quiz for the course I purchased, but I am getting a blank screen.
Please check if your web browser security setting is set to high. If it is set to high, please follow instructions in the section 2 above to re-set your security setting.
If you have enabled cookies in your web browser and your problem persists, please contact us at admin@EngineerCE.com
4. I am unable to download the course file in the PDF format.
All our courses can be downloaded using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have a copy of any Adobe Acrobat, you can get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader by clicking in the following link:
Click on the link above to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you already installed Adobe Acrobat and still have problems downloading files, please go to the link above and make sure you have installed the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (make sure that any older version of Adobe Acrobat is uninstalled first before the installation of the new version).
5. I am unable to download my Certificate after successfully taking the quiz.
You must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to download and view your course certificate. Please refer to section 4 above for information on how to properly download and install the Adobe Acrobat. If you are still having problems, please contact us at admin@EngineerCE.com